Small to Medium Business Owners who use Technology have an edge
Over the years it has become apparent that small to medium business owners who use technology have an edge. Thomas Electrical started using
small business tech ideas over the past few years, in an endeavour to follow a path to improved efficiency and versatility in their service offering to their clients. Using technology may have presented them with short-lived challenges in the transitional process, but these have been far outweighed by the benefits now that the systems are in place.
At Thomas Electrical, the main theme is that technology has made it easier for them to serve and communicate with their clients and run their contracts successfully. Read about the tech improvements Thomas Electrical has made to demonstrate how small to medium business owners who use technology have an edge.
With the use of one Google calendar which consolidates all appointments and entries from everyone in the office and in the field, Shaun Thomas and his administrators and team can review and manage the day to day appointments and endeavours from one space.
Job card system on ServCraft
- The team can be fed additional relevant information onto the job card from the office before arrival on site.
- More transparent and quicker to track down work completed at a client through a search facilitation online, rather than looking for paper worksheets
- The office can track when a job is completed immediately, making the turnaround time a lot faster
- This improves the communication with the client as they receive an email with the completed job card once the job is signed by them.
Tracking of vehicles
All the Thomas Electrical vehicles are fitted with trackers. The office can locate their vehicles and inform their clients of estimated arrival times or if there are any expected delays. The internal control of all vehicles is enhanced through an email alert or visibility on google maps if a vehicle enters an area which is not on their given route for the day.
Maintenance teams have tablets with internet
Being permanently online, helps with navigation on google maps, having access to emails on the move and affords them access to the online ServCraft job cards.
Accounting in SAGE ONE-Cloud based
- This easy cloud-based accounting system supports James Bain, the Financial Manager in his need for an efficient remote management of the invoicing and care of the financial side of the business.
- Sage One syncs with Servcraft (especially client static data) and is an efficient system allowing for add ons and API’s that can be used in the furthering of the tech-based management.
- The major benefit that Thomas Electrical has identified with the Sage One invoicing system is that clients can view their account online with a simple hyperlink. Thomas Electrical is currently encouraging their clients to use this system more, which is a fast and secure way to view all their details at the click of a button rather than calling the office for information.
- They are faced with a challenge currently that clients have to call the office for information on their account status and it would be which I would like the clients to use more is the hyperlink which shows them everything on their accounts-customer zone. If they used it should show them everything and query less with office.
- The Thomas Electrical team uses a cloud PBX system which means all calls are hosted in the cloud and are recorded.
- Costs of calls have decreased and more flexible options on how we manage the telephonesystem have been implemented.
- Thomas Electrical has cleverly employed WhatsApp on their main land line 021 7901347, although this has presented some challenges with the monitoring thereof.
- In the future, they see huge scope to push all their communications via WhatsApp rather than by email to avoid the spam blocks.
Supporting a seamless client interaction and satisfaction is really the focus of employing a more tech orientated stance to running their business. Thomas Electrical, is aiming at continuing to demonstrate how small to medium business owners who use technology have an edge.